The fire insurance policy provides cover in respect of damage to the whole or part of the buildings owned by the insured or for which they are responsible, including alterations by the insured.
The insured perils stand as follows:
- Fire, Lightning, Explosion
- Storm Wind, Water, Hail or Snow
- Accidental impact to exterior portion of the building
- Strike, riot, civil commotion and malicious damage.
- Theft or attempted theft.
Swaziland Building Society utilises the fire insurance policy to provide insurance cover in respect of commercial assets financed through the Society.
The cover excludes loss or damage to gates, fences or retaining walls caused exclusively by weather related perils. (i.e. storm, wind, hail or snow).Wear, tear and gradual deterioration is also not covered