Houseowner’s insurance cover is an insurance policy that guards against loss of or damage to private dwellings caused by the following perils:
- Fire, Lightning, Explosion
- Storm, Wind, Hail, or Snow
- Bursting or overflowing of water tanks or pipes
- Accidental impact to exterior portion of the building
- Strike, riot and civil commotion.
- Theft or attempted theft.
The cover excludes loss or damage to gates, fences or retaining walls caused exclusively by weather related perils. (i.e. storm, wind, hail or snow).
Wear, tear and gradual deterioration is not coveredSwaziland Building Society predominately uses the Housowner’s insurance cover to cater for private dwellings financed by the Society.