These Terms & Conditions apply to the use of the Swaziland Building Society UnionPay Prepaid debit card, referred to alternatively as the SBS UnionPay Debit Card or the Card, issued by Swaziland Building Society, hereinafter referred to as SBS.
- Usage is subject to restrictions laid out below.
- Before using, make sure that your Bank Account is funded.
- The Card remains the property of SBS.
- For any enquiry relating to your SBS UnionPay Debit Card, please contact us by email on email@example.com, or call us at our Customer Service Desk on +268 24041313
- This Card product is managed by SBS. Should you be dissatisfied with the product, your Card and any of its support services, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org in order that we may look into the points you raise
- SBS reserves the right to verify identity of the Card applicant.
- SBS is required to report to the Central Bank of Eswatini and other international agencies on Card activity in terms of legislative and regulatory requirements.
- The Card will be issued instantly, and must be activated at the branch.
- By activating the Card, the cardholder is agreeing to the Terms & Conditions laid out in this document.
- The cardholder must set their own PIN in the branch and register for mobile banking and SMS alerts.
- In the event of forgetting your PIN, you may re-set it at any SBS branch upon presentation of your national ID.
- Your Card is valid until the expiry date shown on the front of the Card and you will be unable to use the Card after the date of expiry.
- When your Card expires you may apply for a new Card in order to continue to enjoy the Card services.
- Our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding public holidays.
- SBS reserves the right to cancel, block or place a hold on your Card immediately where:
- We suspect fraud or misuse of the Card, or
- there are concerns over the Card's security, or
- there is a need to comply with the law.
- In such cases, we will inform you as soon as we are able to or are permitted to do so following cancellation or hold on your Card.
- "We may assign the benefit and burden of these Terms and Conditions to another company at any time." Should we do so "your rights will not be affected. You may not assign your rights"
Transacting with your SBS UnionPay Debit Card
- Types of transactions allowed:
- ATM cash withdrawal
- Point of Sale Purchase
- Online Purchase
- Authorisation will be requested in real time for all transactions you perform using your Card.
- Value of transactions will be deducted (in real time) from the balance available on your primary SBS Bank Account. Depending on the type of transaction however, the transaction may not reflect on your account statement immediately.
- Any applicable fees will be deducted at the time of the transaction.
- If there are insufficient funds to cover the value of the transaction and any associated fees, the transaction will be declined.
- In the unlikely event, for any reason whatsoever, a transaction is completed when there are insufficient funds available on the Card, you will be required to reimburse any shortfall to SBS unless the transaction was completed as a result of an error on the part of the merchant where the Card was presented. In such circumstances, SBS will seek reimbursement from the merchant.
- We may charge the amount of any shortfall to any other SBS Bank Account that you hold with us. Until such time as the reimbursement amount is received, we may suspend your Card or place a hold on your Bank Account.
- We suggest you check your Card balance on SBS Online or Mobile Banking as and when required to avoid additional charges and transactions failing on account of insufficient funds on a regular basis.
- You may not use your Card for online gambling, forex trading or any illegal transaction.
- You must keep your SBS UnionPay Debit Card safe and not allow it to be used by any third party.
- You must keep your PIN secret at all times.
- Do not write your PIN down or reveal it to anyone.
- At no time will we ask you to reveal your PIN, nor should you do so to any third party.
- It is recommended that you regularly check your Card balance on SBS Online or Mobile Banking and review activity on your Card.
- In the event of loss or theft of your Card, or if you suspect that the security of your Card has been compromised, or if you suspect that your Card has been used by someone other than yourself, you must call us straight away on the number on the back of your card. We will immediately block your Card pending an investigation.
- In the event of loss, theft or misuse of your Card, you may be required to pay part of the loss. If it is found that your Card is misused with your permission, you will be liable for all losses.
- Pending investigations, you may be found to not be liable for any losses which take place after you have informed us of the loss or theft (or misuse) of the card, as long as you confirm such a loss or theft in writing within 7 days following the loss/theft of the Card.
- Should you find your Card after having reported it lost, the Card cannot be used again. As is the case with cancelled or expired Card, we recommend that you cut the Card in half across the signature panel and magnetic strip, as well as ensuring that the chip is cut in half.
- Upon your request, SBS will investigate any disputed transaction or misuse of your Card. In order to assist us with the investigations, you may be asked to provide further information in relation to the matters brought by you to our attention.
Should such information be withheld, you may not be entitled to a refund for the transactions under question.
- SBS will refund the amount of any transactions which investigations show were not authorised by you, provided that you have kept your PIN secure, that there has been no fraudulent activity on your behalf, and that you have not acted without undue care and attention.
- Should the investigation show that any disputed transaction was, in fact, authorised by you, or that you did not keep your Card PIN secure, no transaction amount will be refunded to you and you will be charged an Administration Fee for the investigation work carried out
- In the event that it is found that you have breached these terms and conditions of use of your Card, or where it is found that you have used the Card fraudulently, we reserve the right to charge you for any costs which we reasonably incur in taking action to stop your use of the Card and to recover any moneys owed as a result of your activities.
- SBS cannot guarantee that any merchant in, or abroad of Eswatini will accept your SBS UnionPay Debit Card.
- SBS cannot guarantee that it will necessarily authorise all transactions. This may be where there are systems problems that are outside our reasonable control, or where we are concerned that your Card is being misused.
- SBS is not liable in the event that a merchant refuses to accept your SBS UnionPay Debit Card; where we do not authorise a transaction, or where we suspend or cancel use of your SBS Union Pay Debit Card.
- "Unless otherwise required by law," SBS "shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage you may suffer as a result of your total or partial use or inability to use your SBS UnionPay Debit Card , or the use of your SBS UnionPay Debit Card by any third party."
- SBS is not liable for any loss that may result from the temporary breakdown or malfunction of an ATM.
- SBS is not liable for any loss due to any failure or delay in providing SBS UnionPay Debit Card services caused by strikes, industrial action, failure of power suppliers or computer
equipment, or other causes beyond our reasonable control.
- A refund on your SBS UnionPay Debit Card may be requested for disputed transactions.
- Refunds can be requested by emailing us at email@example.com
- In order for us to comply with our legal obligations, we may require you to provide us with additional information before we are in a position to process the requested refund.
Your contact information
- You are required to let us know, as soon as possible, of any change to your name, address, telephone number, mobile number or email address.
- Where we contact you in relation to your SBS UnionPay Debit Card, we will use the most recent contact details as provided to us by you. Any communication sent to you by email or as an SMS text message, will be taken as having been received by you as soon as it has been sent by us.
- SBS will not be held liable if your contact details change but you have not informed us.
- The personal information which you have given us when you apply for a Debit Card will be used by us, and third parties who work on our behalf to run your Debit Card including the processing of transfers and transactions.
- We or our partner third parties may contact you to inform you of services which we believe may be of interest to you.
- SBS will ensure that the necessary technical and operational security measures are in place to keep the transfer of personal data confidential and secure.
- In order to raise any queries in relation to the personal information we hold on you, to change any of the information or to request that you no longer wish for us to use your personal information,
please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Disputes with merchants
- SBS is not responsible for any aspect of the goods or services you purchase with our SBS UnionPay Debit Card in terms of their quantity, quality, reliability, any guarantees, safety or legality. In the event of any dispute relating to your purchases, these must be settled by you with the merchant from whom the goods or services were bought.
- You are reminded that once you have correctly used your SBS UnionPay Debit Card to make a purchase, the transaction cannot be stopped by us after authorization.
- All communications with you will be in English
Fees and limits
- When you use your SBS UnionPay Debit Card at an ATM, at a merchant site or online, additional fees, surcharges may be applicable at these sites in accordance with their own specific rules.
- Where SBS decides to increase or apply any new fees, we will inform you by email, SMS text message or post within 30 days before the change is implemented.
- Where the Central Bank of Eswatini or the Financial Services Regulator decides to apply any new limits and rules, we will inform you by email, SMS text message or post within 30 days before the change is implemented.
|Card Issuing Fee (Replacement Card)||As per Pricing Manual|
|ATM Withdrawal Fee||As per Pricing Manual|
|ATM Balance Enquiry||As per Pricing Manual|
|Purchase from UnionPay Merchant||As per Pricing Manual|
|Dispute Fee||As per Pricing Manual|
|Daily POS Limit at UnionPay Merchants||As per Pricing Manual|
|Maximum ATM Withdrawal Limit per Day||As per Pricing Manual|
|Maximum PIN Tries||As per Pricing Manual|
|Card Life||As per Pricing Manual|
- At fees are exclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT)
- In addition to these fees, the Merchant may charge a commission. It is advisable to check on this at the Purchase Location
- Some ATM operators and Merchants may charge a fee for transactions. Please confirm any fee structure which may apply at these locations
- A foreign exchange rate will apply when transferring funds to another Currency The applicable rate is selected from a range of rates available in wholesale currency markets (these vary each day), together with a margin Merchant transactions and ATM withdrawals in a Currency other than Emalangeni wit be exchanged to a Currency of the country where the card is being used at an exchange rate determined by UnionPay on the day the transaction is processed.
Each party hereby agrees to indemnify the other and hold it harmless from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities (including any of the foregoing arising or accrued without the other party's fault of negligence, or under the doctrine of "strict liability") arising out of these" Terms and Conditions.
Changes to these terms and conditions
- SBS reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time
- If we believe that any change constitutes a material change, we will send notification of such to you by email or SMS at least 30 days before making the change, unless a more immediate change is required by law or for another valid reason.
- Should you feel sufficiently disadvantaged by any such change which we make, you may cancel your SBS UnionPay Debit Card in accordance with the cancellation and refund policies stated above. No refund fee will be charged under such circumstances